The clouds seem angry and violent; churning and rumbling. In the distance, a darkness dwells that gobbles up the light and grows from its nourishment. The clouds that seemed like home was now a chaos of evil. It was a evil, swirling vortex that swallowed everything and gave nothing. Suddenly, the light shine and a beautiful godly form appeared between the light and the dark. The form cried out for help, to save the heavens from this creature that aimed to swallow everything in the heavens; in the universe up. She pleaded to those who would listen but, soon, even her light gave way, and she vanished in the shadows. Yet, even as the shadows swallowed up the light from her, a winged warrior came forth; flying through the clouds in haste. The winged warrior looked into the pits of chaos and within, he saw a floating mechanical island that seemed to spew out this darkness. He followed the pleas of help as he dived deep into swirling chaos.
Universe: Kid Icarus
Debut: Kid Icarus (1987)
Element Alignment: Light
Purpose for Fighting: Virtue
Perks: Sword Damage, Double Sword Damage, Projectile Damage, Double Projectile Damage, Projectile Damage Resistance, Double Projectile Damage Resistance, Speed Increase, Double Speed Increase, Health Buff, Double Health Buff
Pit first appeared in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and quickly became popular resulting in a upcoming 3DS game “Kid Icarus: Uprising“. Pit uses various weapons from Kid Icarus: Uprising that wasn’t availible when SSBB came out. Therefore, Pit should reflect his most recent appearance from the 3DS game.
Proposed Changes from SSB to SSB4
Pit is a well-balanced character with a few advantages and disadvantages. Pit`s Blades of Palutena have recieved a increase in power (neutral aerial, forward aerial, dash attack, down tilt, forward tilt in particular). Pit`s forward throw can no longer chain throw but has KO power. Besides that, many of Pit`s special attacks have changed to fit Uprising. Pit`s Side B move with the Orbitar attack and Down B is the EZ Cannon Equp. As well, all of Pit`s Smash attacks have a new attacks based on Uprising weapons.
Pit`s Special B Move Set
The Final Trio
Final Smash: Palutena’s Army
Final Melee: Atlas
Final Brawl: Divine Light
Palutena’s Bow works the same as it did in Brawl but resembles more so the Kid Icarus: Uprising version.
Obritars work very similar to the Angel Ring, but when activated, it lasts for 15 seconds. The two Orbitars will revolve around Pit protecting him from harm and deflecting projectiles, much like the Mirror Shield did in SSBB. When Pit comes into contact with someone, they will pulse thus damaging the opponent. Does 15-20% damage.
Wings of Icarus remains the same as before.
EZ Cannon Equip allows Pit to equip the Cannon feature to his arm. It can be charged to unleash a powerful beam type attack, much alike Samus’ Zero Laser but on a much less grander scale. However, if you use it two times at max output, it will dysfunction and the player will have to wait for 2 minutes to allow it to cool down. If Pit equips the EZ Cannon, he will become much heavier and his jumps will be weighed down. As well, Pit will be unable to active Wings of Icarus nor perform his second jumps. If you Equip the EZ Cannon while in mid flight, Pit will automatically fall to the ground. However, the player can still shoot the cannon will falling to the ground. As well, he will be unable to crawl, dodge, dash, or roll while equipping it. Pressing Down B again will unequip the EZ Cannon. Does 30-45% Light damage with 45% being fulled charged.
Palutena`s Army is Pit`s Final Smash. It has been altered from SSBB so that Palutena does not appear in the background but, rather, a image of the Palace in the Sky. As well, Pit is unable to move aorund while this Final Smash is happening but he is unable to take damage or recieve knock back.
Beginning Cinematic: Pit thrusts his hand into the sky and it begins the glow with a bright light. The light pierces into the skies and rays burst down.
Atlas is Pit’s new Final Melee move. Pit summons the foot of a mighty Titan to stop on the stage. If Pit just summons the titan, the giant will stomp once or twice however, if the player repeatedly presses A, the giant will stop faster resulting in six to ten stomps; depending how fast the player can press A. Deals anywhere from 40-92% damage.
Beginning Cinematic: Pit takes a light orb and squashes it in his hand which glitters away. A roar erupts from the heavens and Pit begins to shine with a holy light.
Divine Light is Pit’s Final Brawl. Pit raises his arms and holds them up the air. Light bursts forth and shatters the clouds. Light beams shine down and carve a magical circle under the opponent. Pit claps his hands And a pair of angelic wings appear from underneath the opponent and then, a bright light explodes from the opponent. The screen gross extremely bright and a shadow of Pit can be seen standing in front of it. The opponent is thrown horizontally with a high knock back and a extremely high KO potential. It causes between 60-80% Light damage.
Proposed Stage – Palace in the Sky
Proposed New Taunt(s)
- NEW Right Side – Pit arches his back, yawns, stretches out his arms, and stretches out his wings. He than flaps his wings twice before resuming his battle pose.
Proposed Palette Swaps
I will add more information tomorrow. Pit was a surprise due to a large amount of translating his SSBB moves to fit with a KI:U based move set.
Pit`s Current Move Set (taken from theSmashWikia)
Changes made in BOLD
- Neutral Attack – Slashes three times, spins the blades together back and forth, hitting repeatedly. Interestingly, Pit cannot enter his rapid fire attack by simply holding the “Attack” button, he will only do a three hit combo. However, once he has entered the rapid fire attack, it is necessary only to continue holding ‘Attack’ to continue it. This means Pit essentially has two different combos depending if the button is tapped or held initially. 11% damage rapid attack: 1% per hit.
- Dash Attack – Small slash forward with one of his blades below, average knock back. 13% damage.
- Strong Side – Thrusts both blades forward causing 14% damage and good knockback.
- Strong Up – Plants bow into the ground and does a handstand with it, performing two kicks above him, the first comboing into the next. Causes 16% damage.
- Strong Down – Crouches and swipes blade towards the ground causing 12% damage. Can spike when the foot and blade touch the opponent.
- Side Smash – A strong slash by the Blade weapon followed by a short gun burst from it for additional damage. The longer you charge it, the longer the plasma Blade is. The knockback is in the first slash. The second attack does an additional 10% damage. [30% fully charged with gun burst]
- Up Smash – Pit slams the Insight Staff onto the ground and a short magical burst that looks like the point of the spear erupts from it and extends at the height at the max of 8 Pit heads. The longer the attack is charged, the higher the magical attack. The knockback point is at the very top of the spear which provides the most knockback potential and KO potential of any of Pit’s Smash attacks[18% fully charged]
- Down Smash – Pit equips his Tiger Claws and crouches. He immediately slashes at both sides of him. It slashes to his right with his right and then to the left with his left arm. Does 17% damage.
- Ledge Attack – Slides on stage with a kick similar to Falco’s ledge attack.
- 100% Ledge Attack – Pauses for a moment while getting his swords ready, then stabs 10% damage.
- Floor Attack – Slashes with his bow split left and right separately. Identical to Ike’s Down Smash in form.
- Neutral Aerial – Spins both blades together in front of him, hitting multiple times causing 12% if all hits connect. This can stop weak projectiles if executed at the right time.
- Forward Aerial – Thrusts both blades forward and quickly brings them apart, slashing horizontally doing 16% damage.
- Back Aerial – Thrusts sword behind him. Quick and very powerful, Pit’s highest knock back aerial move. Not easy to short hop with. Causes 15% damage.
- Up Aerial – Spins his blades together above his head, hitting multiple times causing 12% if all connect. can be used after down throw to hit heavy/fast falling characters reliably.
- Down Aerial – Slashes under him causing 12% damage. high priority, can be used up to 5 times in the air if used right after initial-midair jumps the 5th is only if you use WoI.
- Glide Attack – Slashes both swords in a 160 degree arc from bottom to forward. 13% damage, good knockback. Great killing move.
Grabs and Throws
- Pummel – Knees them in the gut, dealing 2% damage.
- Forward Throw – Slashes opponent doing 10% damage. Can chaingrab at very low percentages against heavier characters.
- Back Throw – Twirls around with the enemy in tow, slamming them on the ground and launches him backward resulting in 8% damage.
- Up Throw – Does a handstand and kicks opponent with both feet causing 11% damage.
- Down Throw – Slams opponent on the ground and plunges bow into his/her back dealing 6% damage.
- Up: Spins his blades in each hand, then crosses them. He says, “The fight is on!”. In the Japanese version he says, “Shoubu da!” (Let’s fight/beat).
- Side: Slices at the air, similarly to a Subspace Emissary video, and from the E3 trailer. He says, “You’re not ready yet!”. In the Japanese version he says “Mada Mada!” (That’s not enough).
- Down: Floats in the air and poses angelically, looking up.
- Stage Entrance – Pit floats down to the stage in a pillar of light with his wings spread.
Pit should have a move set that resembles/matches to Kid Icarus: Uprising. It would make for a interesting move set since Pit has a lot of weapons and tools at his disposal. However, this would mean an entire revamp of Pit’s move set which is already good in Brawl. My consensus is to make Pit similar in terms of game play to his Uprising version.