Universe: Legend of Zelda
Debut: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1997)
Element Alignment: Ice
Reasons for Fighting: To Protect
Shiek comes back to the Super Smash Bros. as a transformation option for Zelda! By pressing Down B, she can transform to alter ego, Shiek. As well, Shiek can transform back to Zelda at any time. While Zelda is more slow and powerful, Shiek can deliver lightning fast combos and quick hit and run attacks. Shiek has been a sub-character since Melee and comes back again for another fight!
Changes from SSBB to SSB4
Shiek was nerfed from SSBM to SSBB pretty badly so I propose a few changes to Shiek to push her back to her Melee version without being to over-powered. Most importantly, the transformation time between Zelda and Shiek has significantly decreased allowing for easier and quicker changes from the two characters. Shiek’s Neutral A has less lag and her rapid Neutral A attack does shield damage the longer it continues. Shiek’s forward tilt has more knock back then previous. Her Forward tilt has a slightly longer reach with little lag. Shiek’s down aerial does more damage. Finally, her close range needles do more damage and, while in the air, Shiek can direct the needles downward while moving forward or backwards. Jumping straight or a slight diagonal angle will cause them to move straight.
Shiek’s Special B Move Set
- Neutral B – Needle Storm
- Side B – Chain
- Up B – Vanish
- Down B – Transform
The Final Trio
- Final Smash – Light Arrow
- Final Melee – Needle Hurricane
- Final Brawl – Shadow Strike
Needle Storm is Shiek’s Neutral B move. It retains the same proerties as before but it does 1% more damage the closer the opponent gets to Shiek. In addition, by jumping forward or back, Shiek can throw the needles downwards.
Light Arrow is Shiek’s Final Smash. It is the same as in SSBB.
- Beginning Cinematic: Shiek flips backwards and slashes the air with her hand in a karate chop motion.
Needle Hurricane is Shiek’s Final Melee. Shiek grabs her needles and begins throwing them around a large radius. It covers a small stage entirely but covers a third of a large stage. The needles move at blinding speeds and hard next to impossible to dodge. Each needle does 1% damage and the attack as the ability to hit 55 times in 10 seconds. That’s 5.5 hits per second. In all it does 55% damage. However, the needles themselves have very low knock back and hitstuns the opponents cause in the attack. However, when the attack begins to near it’s end, the needles become slower and fewer. Opponents hit by these needles receive moderate knock back and can Ko at percentages as low as 45%. Attempting to shield during this attack causes massive shield damage and most likely to break.
- Beginning Cinematic: Shiek stands up straight, pulls out her needles, and throws them at the camera.
Shadow Strike is Shiek’s Final Brawl. Shiek puts her index and middle fingers in front of her face and holds her hand (much like in Naruto). There is a close up of her face during this. Shiek vanishes and then slashes at the opponent with a needle; like a knife. She then vanishes again and slams her leg via ankle slam onto the opponent. She then begins to teleport around the opponent while hitting them. She does this 5 times before charging her forward smash attack. This attack ha shigh knock back and does 60% damage.
Proposed Stage – ?
Proposed New Taunt
- Left Side – Does a short back and flip and lands down on the floor. Her leg is outstretched and she has one hand on the floor. She then gets up.
Proposed Palette Swap
Twilight Princess Shiek (much like how Zelda received a Twilight Princess palette swap)
Proposed DLC Costumes
Impa Costume (from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
- Attributes: 5% speed increase, 5%attack speed increase, 2% jump increase, 3% attack decrease, 6% defense decrease, and 3% shield daze increase.
Nooboru Costume (from Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask)
- Attributes: Shiek’s element changes to Fire, 8% attack increase, 3% attack speed increase, 8% shield decrease, 6% jump decrease.
Current Shiek Move Set (taken from the SmashWikia)
* changes in bold.
- Neutral Attack – Sweeps her right hand left then right, then repeatedly jabs with her arm straight and with her fingers sticking out. First two hits, 3%. Jabs, 2% each, 1% if hit with the tip of her fingers.
- Dash Attack – Throws her arms forward and forcefully separates her hands, comes out very fast . 8%.
- Strong Forward – Kicks her leg in an arc. Its high speed and moderate knockback allows good combo ability, being able to do it repeatedly or follow up with another attack. 5%. This move it’s self makes sheik a counter to, or go even with many other fast falling characters due to the insane amount of damage it racks up.
- Strong Up – Sheik raises her right leg above her and slams it down. First hit, 6%. Second hit, 7%. A good combo ender.
- Strong Down – Sheik does a quick spin kicking the ground with her leg. 8%.
- Side Smash – Sheik kicks in front of her twice trapping the enemy in the first kick at low percentages and knocks them back with the second kick.The second kick has moderate knockback. First hit, 5% uncharged, 7% fully charged. Second hit, 9% uncharged, 12% fully charged.
- Up Smash – Sheik raises her arms above her head holding them together and forcefully separates them to the left and right sides of her body. Powerful knockback when sweetspotted, but less powerful when not sweetspotted. It is also possible to hit twice with it for huge damage. Body (hits first), 17% uncharged, 23% fully charged. Wind, 12% uncharged, 17% fully charged.
- Down Smash – Sheik spins her body on the ground sticking her legs out. Very fast with long duration for a smash attack. First hit, 13% uncharged, 18% fully charged. Second and third hits, 10% uncharged, 14% fully charged. Fairly low knockback.
- Ledge Attack – Sheik swiftly kicks her foot up off the edge. Similar to her Up Air, except sideways. 8%.
- 100% Ledge Attack – Sheik slowly gets up and forcefully brings her elbow forward. 8%.
- Floor Attack – Sheik kicks backwards, then brings her leg over her head in a kick, then gets up. 6%.
- Neutral Air -Sheik kicks forward with her leg. Has sex kick properties and can be used OOS due to its quick speed. 13% during the first several frames, 5% during the rest.
- Forward Air -Sheik quickly chops in front of her with her left hand. 9%. Good for edgeguarding due to its low angle of trajectory.
- Back Air – Sheik kicks backward with her right leg, fast speed and good range. More powerful on the sweet spot, making this move a more relaible kill move on light weight characters. 11% during the first several frames, 6% during the rest. Sweetspot is her foot.
- Up Air – Sheik does a quick screwdriver kick. 11% during the first several frames, 6% during the rest of them.
- Down Air – Sheik kicks down throwing herself down with it, in a similar fashion to Sonic’s down-aerial. High ending lag and low priority. 12%.
Grabs & Throws
- Pummel – Sheik punches the enemy with her left hand. 3%.
- Forward Throw -Sheik elbows the enemy with her left arm. 5%, then 2%.
- Back Throw – Sheik throws the enemy behind her and kicks backwards. 5%, then 2%.
- Up Throw – Sheik flips upside-down and kicks the enemy with both of her feet. 3%, then 2%.
- Down Throw -Sheik throws the enemy down to the ground, flips, and axe kicks the enemy’s midsection, sending the enemy upward. Two hits of 3%.
- Down – Holds her hand to her face in a threatening way.
- Right Side – Stands on one hand.
- Up – Pulls out her whip-chord.
– Appears with magic much like the transformation animation.
I found it kind of odd that Shiek was severely nerfed in such a way in SSBM. Hence, why I buffed up some her attacks, made some of them faster, and a little more reach. As well, I wanted to allow Shiek to play mind games with the downward Needle Storm. More importantly, I felt by decreasing the time between Shiek and Zelda’s transformations, more players will play as both in a match.